You do not have to be good.
你不必善良。
You do not have to walk on your knees
不必
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
跪行一百英里,穿过荒凉的忏悔。
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
你只要让你温柔的身体
love what it loves.
爱它所爱的。
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
告诉我,你的绝望,我也会告诉你我的。
Meanwhile the world goes on.
同时世界继续。
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
同时太阳和雨清澈的鹅卵石
are moving across the landscapes,
正在穿越风景,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
越过大草原,幽深的树林,
the mountains and the rivers.
山脉以及河流。
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
同时,野鹅在洁净蔚蓝的高空,
are heading home again.
正再次飞回家乡。
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
无论你是谁,无论多么孤独,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
世界为你提供了想象,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting --
召唤你,像野鹅那样,严厉并充满激情——
over and over announcing your place
反复宣告
in the family of things.
你在万物中的位置。