Wild Geese玛丽·奥利弗

野鹅柳向阳 译


You do not have to be good.
你并非一定要善良。
You do not have to walk on your knees
你并非一定要跪行一百里
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
通过沙漠,一直忏悔。
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
你只需让你躯体的柔软肉身
love what it loves.
去爱它所爱的。

给我讲讲你的绝望吧,我也会给你讲我的。
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
与此同时,太阳,和雨的透明卵石
Meanwhile the world goes on.
穿越风景,
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
下临大草原和幽深的树林,
are moving across the landscapes,
大山和河流。
over the prairies and the deep trees,
与此同时,野天鹅高翔在蓝天,
the mountains and the rivers.
又一次飞往着家乡。
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
无论你是谁,不管怎样孤独,
are heading home again.
这世界都主动把它自己奉献给你的想像,

向你呼唤,像野天鹅,刺耳又振奋——
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
一遍又一遍地宣告你
the world offers itself to your imagination,
在万物中的位置。
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting --
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.


1979
添加译本