You do not have to be good.
你不必非得善良。
You do not have to walk on your knees
你不必非得跪行
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
百里,穿过沙漠,忏悔。
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
你只需要听凭你身体的柔软动物爱它的所爱。
love what it loves.
告诉我何谓绝望,你的,你也将听到我的。
与此同时世界继续运转。
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
与此同时太阳和雨滴清晰的小石砾
Meanwhile the world goes on.
还在运行,穿过片片景物,
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
越过草原和深深的树林,
are moving across the landscapes,
跨过山脉与江河。
over the prairies and the deep trees,
与此同时野天鹅高高地在明洁蔚蓝的天空
the mountains and the rivers.
再次朝着家的方向。
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
无论你是谁,不管你多么孤独,
are heading home again.
世界向你的想象敞开,
像野天鹅一样呼唤你,尖锐而激越
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
一次又一次向你宣示你
the world offers itself to your imagination,
在万物大家庭中的位置。
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting --
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.