你浪费了你双眼的注意力,
You waste the attention of your eyes,
浪费了你双手闪耀的劳动力,
the glittering labour of your hands,
你为大量的面包揉捏了太多的面团,
and knead the dough enough for dozens of loaves
而你连一小块也尝不到;
of which you'll taste not a morsel;
你是自由的去做别人的奴隶——
you are free to slave for others—
你是自由的去使富人更富。
you are free to make the rich richer.
你出生的那一刻,
The moment you're born
他们在你周围建造
they plant around you
磨坊,碾出谎言
mills that grind lies
那谎言会持续你一生。
lies to last you a lifetime.
你以你高度的自由继续思考,
You keep thinking in your great freedom
手指放在太阳穴上
a finger on your temple
自由地拥有自由的良知。
free to have a free conscience.
你的头弯着好像从后颈被砍了一半,
Your head bent as if half-cut from the nape,
你的手臂很长,垂着,
your arms long, hanging,
你以你高度的自由四处闲逛:
your saunter about in your great freedom:
你是自由的
you're free
有着被解雇的自由。
with the freedom of being unemployed.
你热爱你的祖国
You love your country
犹如对你是最亲近的、最珍贵的东西。
as the nearest, most precious thing to you.
举个例子,但是一天,
But one day, for example,
他们会把它签售给美国,
they may endorse it over to America,
还有你,和你高度的自由——
and you, too, with your great freedom—
你有自由让它成为一座空军基地。
you have the freedom to become an air-base.
你会强调,一个人必须生存着
You may proclaim that one must live
不是作为工具、数字或者链环,
not as a tool, a number or a link
仅是作为一个人——
but as a human being—
而他们立即铐上你的双手。
then at once they handcuff your wrists.
你是自由的被拘捕、被监禁
You are free to be arrested, imprisoned
甚至被绞死。
and even hanged.
在你的生命中,
There's neither an iron, wooden
既没有铁质的、木质的帷幕,
nor a tulle curtain
连一层薄纱也没有。
in your life;
没有必要去选择自由:
there's no need to choose freedom:
你是自由的。
you are free.
但是这种自由
But this kind of freedom
是天底下一件可悲的事
is a sad affair under the stars.