你是否也看见它,整夜,漂浮在黑暗的河上?
Did you too see it, drifting, all night, on the black river?
你是否看见它在早晨,飞入银亮的空气——
Did you see it in the morning, rising into the silvery air -
一束白色的花,
An armful of white blossoms,
丝绸与亚麻的一阵完美抖动,当它
A perfect commotion of silk and linen as it leaned
将头藏进翅膀中;一道雪堤,一片开满百合的坡岸,
into the bondage of its wings; a snowbank, a bank of lilies,
它黑色的喙咬紧了空气?
Biting the air with its black beak?
你是否听见它,笛声和哨音
Did you hear it, fluting and whistling
一种尖锐而深沉的音乐——像雨拍打着树——像一片瀑布
A shrill dark music - like the rain pelting the trees - like a waterfall
冲下黑色的岩石?
Knifing down the black ledges?
你是否看见它,最后,就在云层下——
And did you see it, finally, just under the clouds -
滑过天空的一个白十字架,它的脚
A white cross Streaming across the sky, its feet
像黑色的叶子,它的翅膀像河面上伸展的光?
Like black leaves, its wings Like the stretching light of the river?
在你心里,是否感受到它如何化归万物?
And did you feel it, in your heart, how it pertained to everything?
而你最终领会了,美是为了什么?
And have you too finally figured out what beauty is for?
并改变了你的生活?
And have you changed your life?