You can call me Puppy, or you can call me Sweetybuns.
你可以叫我小狗,或者叫我小圆面包。
You can call me Glasscake, Cromagnonpoops, or Pigeonselter . . .
你可以叫我玻璃蛋糕、克罗马农便便,或者鸽子笼……
You could even just click your tongue twice whenever we
你甚至可以在我们四目相交时轻轻碰两下嘴唇——
catch eyes—
啊,无论距离多远……
ah, from no matter how far away . . .
但无论你选择什么名字(咕唧咕也可以),
but whatever it is you choose to call me (Coochy-Coo would
请知道我都可以接受,
do)
这些名字会在我内心涌动的愚蠢兴奋下,突然获得共性……
know I’ll gut it out,
那个名字是我的,是的,比我的本名更重要,
and all these names will become uniform, suddenly, under
因为我心爱的人给了我这个名字……
this dumb excitement always welling up inside me . . .
再次被命名,这次是正确的名字,我用这个名字欺骗自己
That name is mine, yes, more so than my given name,
我为它已经等待多年……
because the one I adore gave it to me . . .
(多么,多么傻的男人。)
To be named again, correctly this time, with this name I
trick myself into believing I’ve been waiting for all these
years. . .
(Silly, silly man.)