I pour arnica into my palm and
我把山金车倒入掌心,
begin to massage the tight cords
开始按摩你后颈
at the back of your neck.
紧绷的神经。
You, who are the image epitome of my happiness.
你,是我幸福形象的缩影。
Only in your company do I
只有在你的陪伴下,
concentrate and hold together. Living
我才能集中精力、毫不懈怠。和你
with you attunes me to the various
生活在一起让我适应了
distinct moods that make me whole.
各种不同的情绪,让我完整。
But what do I give in return?
但是我又给了你什么作为报答?
Marriage, a divination of resonant relations.
婚姻,一种共鸣关系的占卜。
Until right before our eyes, within minutes
就在我们眼前,接触到空气
of coming into contact with air, the rich
几分钟后,刚出土的壁画
colors of the freshly excavated fresco
鲜艳夺目的色彩
begin to fade to a dull grey.
开始变成暗淡的灰色。
Narrative, you say, is just one way of navigating time.
你说,叙事,只是驾驭时间的一种方式。
And those perceptions culled
而被克制的叙事
by the restraints of narrative
剔除出来的感知
become available to other trajectories.
则可被其他手法所利用。
Meanwhile, the future blows toward us without handholds.
与此同时,未来毫无牵绊地向我们袭来。
It is a gaping. An already. A maw.
是一个裂口。一个既成事实。一个深渊。
What happens when the mind is no longer a place of duration?
当心灵不再是生命持续的场所,那会发生的是什么?
If you want to resuscitate your destiny, you joked
在我们交往之初,你曾开玩笑地说,
early in our relationship, start with the present. Which
你要想重振自己的命运,那就从现在开始吧。
is when, for the first time, I took in the resolute
就在那时,我第一次看清了你
openness of your face.
坚毅坦然的脸庞。
注1:题目为编者所加