寡妇莱斯特张洁 译

THE WIDOW LESTER泰德·库瑟


我太老了,不能结婚了,
I was too old to be married,
但没人告诉我。
but nobody told me.
我猜他们不够关心。
I guess they didn’t care enough.
那是多么痛苦啊,接花束
How it had hurt, though, catching bouquets
所有那些年!
all those years!
后来我遇见了伊万,并留下了他,
Then I met Ivan, and kept him,
却从不知道什么是爱。
and never knew love.
他的脚在床单里臭死了!
How his feet stunk in the bed sheets!
我本可以叫他去洗的,
I could have told him to wash,
但我想用那臭来对付他。
but I wanted to hold that stink against him.
那天他倒地死去在田里,
The day he dropped dead in the field,
我在看着他。
I was watching.
我在院子里挂床单,
I was hanging up sheets in the yard,
我完成了。
and I finished.


添加译本