为了寻找爱人坟墓,
'In vain I sought my loved one's grave;
天涯海角我都走遍。
Despair plunged me in deepest woe.
但我只有伤心哭泣—
Overwhelmed with bursting sobs I cried:
我亲爱的你在哪里?
O where are you, my Suliko?'
丛林里面有棵玫瑰,
In solitude upon a bush
霞光般的放光辉。
A rose In loveliness did grow;
我激动地问那玫瑰:
With downcast eyes I softly asked:
我的爱人可是你?
'Isn't that you, O Suliko?'
夜莺站在树枝上歌唱,
The flower trembled in assent
夜莺夜莺我问你:
As low it bent its lovely bead;
你这唱的动人的小鸟儿,
Upon its blushing cheek there shone
我期望的可是你?
Tears that the morning skies had shed.
夜莺一面动人地歌唱,
Midst rustling leaves a nightingale
一面低下头思量。
Was singing to the rose below;
好像是在温柔地回答:
I hailed the bird and gently asked:
你猜对了正是我!
'Isn't that you, O Suliko?'
听到夜莺的确认,
The songster fluttered nearer to
我羞愧地弯下了腰。
The rose, and on it pressed a kiss;
露水和圣歌里的珍珠,
Disburdening its soul in song
如眼泪般洒落。
That breathed of ecstasy and bliss.
星光照耀着我们,
A twinkling star shed shimmering light
她也面露喜色,
Upon me in a silver glow;
我激动地问她:
I turned to it, and whispered low;
我的爱人可是你?
'Isn't that you, O Suliko?'
她再次眨着眼确认,
As I gazed on the star that shone
她的神色早已说明,
In light that glimmered bright and clear
她在我的耳畔低语,
A gentle breeze came passing by
风儿使我们相近。
And stopped to whisper in my ear.
这就是我一天的追寻,
'What thou dost seek is found at last.
得到结果快快休息。
Henceforth your heart but calm will know;
享受完这美好的一天,
The night will bring you sweet repose.
一起度过美好的一夜!
And lay will chase away your woe.
这引起我的注意:
'Your Suliko was changed into
星辰、玫瑰、夜莺,
A nightingale, a star and rose;
你们结合起来,
Your souls that true love bound as one
只因你们爱着这国家。
To realms divine in heavens rose.'
我不会再去求索,
I seek no more my loved one's grave,
求索爱人的坟茔。
No more do I in sorrow weep,
我不再习惯这国家,
The world no longer hears me sigh;
我不会再流下泪水!
Nor sees me drowned in anguish deep.
我聆听夜莺的歌唱
None can express the bliss I feel
我细嗅玫瑰的芳香,
To hear the nightingale from far,
我举头凝望星辰,
To breathe the essence of the rose;
这化境难以言喻!
And gaze upon the shining star.
生活再次有了意义!
My bosom throbs once more in joy;
不论白昼还是黑影。
No more am I oppressed by woe;
我也未曾失去,我的爱人
I seek no tomb, for now I see
我将时时回想你,我知你在哪安息。
Thy dwellings three, my Suliko!'