My love, my saving grace,
我的爱,我的好
your eyes are awfully blue.
你的双眼是可怕的蓝。
I kiss your funny face,
我亲你好玩的脸,
your coffee-flavored mouth.
你的嘴是咖啡香。
Last night I slept with you.
昨夜与你一起睡,
Today I love you so
今天我爱你至深,
how can I bear to go
怎能承受离开你
(as soon I must, I know)
(将别无选择,我知道)
to bed with ugly death
去和丑陋的死亡
in that cold, filthy place,
在冷秽之地同眠,
to sleep there without you,
睡去没有你陪伴,
without the easy breath
没有从容的呼吸,
and nightlong, limblong warmth
没有已经习惯的
I’ve grown accustomed to?
整夜的肢体温暖?
—Nobody wants to die;
——没人想死去,
tell me it is a lie!
告诉我死亡是个谎言!
But no, I know it’s true.
但是别,我明白这是真相。
It’s just the common case;
只是平常的事实,
there’s nothing one can do.
人在此无计可施。
My love, my saving grace,
我的爱,我的好,
your eyes are awfully blue
你的双眼是可怕的蓝
early and instant blue.
清早的、刹那的蓝。