You do not do, you do not do
你再不能这么做,再不能,
Any more, black shoe
你是黑色的鞋子
In which I have lived like a foot
我象只脚,关在里面
For thirty years, poor and white,
苍白,可怜,受三十年苦
Barely daring to breathe or Achoo.
不敢打嚏,气不敢出。
Daddy, I have had to kill you.
爹爹,我早该杀了你,
You died before I had time——
我还没动手你就死去——
Marble-heavy, a bag full of God,
大理石般沉重,一袋子神灵
Ghastly statue with one gray toe
鬼一般的雕像,一个脚趾灰色
Big as a Frisco seal
象弗里斯柯的海狗一样大
And a head in the freakish Atlantic
象奇异的大西洋上一个头颅
Where it pours been green over blue
在那里海水把绿豆芽抛上蓝天
In the waters off beautiful Nauset.
在美丽的瑙塞河外的海水里。
I used to pray to recover you.
从前我经常祈求你复生。
Ach, du.
Ach,du,
In the German tongue, in the Polish town
说德国话,住波兰城
Scraped flat by the roller
那个被战争,战争,战争
Of wars, wars, wars.
的压路机辗平的小城。
But the name of the town is common.
但这地名太普通
My Polack friend
我的波兰籍朋友
Says there are a dozen or two.
说有一两打之多。
So I never could tell where you
所以我从来不清楚
Put your foot, your root,
你住在哪里,到过何处。
I never could talk to you.
我从来没能跟你说话
The tongue stuck in my jaw.
舌头在嘴里卡住,
It stuck in a barb wire snare.
在装铁刺的陷阱里卡住,
Ich, ich, ich, ich,
inh,inh,inh,inh,
I could hardly speak.
我从来说不出。
I thought every German was you.
我觉得每个德国人都是你
And the language obscene
这语言太下流
An engine, an engine
象一架引擎,一架引擎
Chuffing me off like a Jew.
把我当犹太人一般发落。
A Jew to Dachau, Auschwitz, Belsen
该去达豪、达斯威兹、倍尔森的犹太人。
I began to talk like a Jew.
我开始象犹太人一般谈吐
I think I may well be a Jew.
我满可以成为犹太人。
The snows of the Tyrol, the clear beer of Vienna
提洛尔的雪,维也纳的白啤酒
Are not very pure or true.
都不纯粹不真实。
With my gypsy ancestress and my weird luck
我的吉普赛先祖,我的奇特命运,
And my Taroc pack and my Taroc pack
我的泰洛牌,我的泰洛牌,
I may be a bit of a Jew.
我有几分象犹太人。
I have always been scared of you,
我始终害怕你,
With your Luftwaffe, your gobbledygoo.
你有空军,你有军腔,
And your neat moustache
你修剪整齐的胡子
And your Aryan eye, bright blue.
你的亚立安眼睛,透亮的蓝,
Panzer-man, panzer-man, O You——
装甲兵,装甲兵,哦你——
Not God but a swastika
不是上帝,而是一个 字,
So black no sky could squeak through.
如此漆黑,天空也无法穿过。
Every woman adores a Fascist,
每个女人都崇拜法西斯分子,
The boot in the face, the brute
脸上挂着长靴,野蛮的
Brute heart of a brute like you.
野蛮的心,长在野兽身上,象你——
You stand at the blackboard, daddy,
你站在黑板旁边,爹爹,
In the picture I have of you,
我有你的一张照片,
A cleft in your chin instead of your foot
一条裂痕长在下巴上,而不是脚上,
But no less a devil for that, no not
但你依然是魔鬼,不比
Any less the black man who
那穿黑衣的人差半分,那人
Bit my pretty red heart in two.
把我可爱的红心一咬两半。
I was ten when they buried you.
我十岁时他们埋葬了你。
At twenty I tried to die
二十岁时我有死的意图,
And get back, back, back to you.
回到,回到,回到你的身边,
I thought even the bones would do.
哪怕你已变成白骨。
But they pulled me out of the sack,
但他们把我从袋里拖出,
And they stuck me together with glue,
用胶水把我粘住。
And then I knew what to do.
我给你做了一个雕像,
I made a model of you.
一个黑衣人,脸象《我的奋斗》
A man in black with a Meinkampf look
一个老虎凳和拇指夹的爱好者。
And a love of the rack and the screw.
我说我招供,我招供。
And I said I do, I do.
因此,爹爹,我终于结束。
So daddy, I'm finally through.
黑色的电话线连根剪断,
The black telephone's off at the root,
声音无法爬行通过。
The voices just can't worm through.
要是我杀一个人,就等于杀两个人——
If I've killed one man, I've killed two——
那吸血鬼,他就是你,
The vampire who said he was you
他吸我们的血已有一年,
And drank my blood for a year,
说明确些,已有七年。
Seven years, if you want to know.
爹爹,你现在可以安息。
Daddy, you can lie back now.
你肥胖的黑心算盘打得太足,
There's a stake in your fat black heart
村民们从来就不喜欢你。
And the villagers never liked you.
他们踩在你身上跳舞,
They are dancing and stamping on you.
脚底是你,他们完全清楚。
They always knew it was you.
爹爹,爹爹,你这混蛋,我结束。
Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through.