You do not do, you do not do
你不行了,不行了
Any more, black shoe
再也不行了,你这只黑鞋子
In which I have lived like a foot
我在里面过了三十年
For thirty years, poor and white,
像一只脚,苍白而可怜,
Barely daring to breathe or Achoo.
几乎不敢放开来呼吸或打个喷嚏。
Daddy, I have had to kill you.
老爸,我不得不杀死你。
You died before I had time——
可等到你死了,我仍没有时机——
Marble-heavy, a bag full of God,
像大理石般沉重,一副装上帝的袋子,
Ghastly statue with one gray toe
可怖的雕像有一只灰脚趾
Big as a Frisco seal
大得像旧金山海豹
And a head in the freakish Atlantic
脑袋藏在波谲云诡的大西洋,
Where it pours been green over blue
相那里的蔚蓝倾注着豆绿
In the waters off beautiful Nauset.
在美丽的瑙塞特港外那片水域。
I used to pray to recover you.
我曾时常祈求能重新找到你。
Ach, du.
哦,找到你。
In the German tongue, in the Polish town
操一口德国腔,住在波兰小镇,
Scraped flat by the roller
它已被战争的压路机碾平,
Of wars, wars, wars.
被战争,战争,战争。
But the name of the town is common.
而它的名字实在平常。
My Polack friend
我的波兰友人
Says there are a dozen or two.
说这名字的小城有一两打之多。
So I never could tell where you
所以我永远说不清楚
Put your foot, your root,
你去过哪里,根在何处,
I never could talk to you.
我永远没能向你追问。
The tongue stuck in my jaw.
舌头卡在嘴里难以出声。
It stuck in a barb wire snare.
卡死在带刺的铁丝网陷阱里。
Ich, ich, ich, ich,
Ich,Ich,Ich,Ich,
I could hardly speak.
我的话难以成句。
I thought every German was you.
我认为每个德国佬都是你。
And the language obscene
而那语言很下流
An engine, an engine
一辆火车头,火车头
Chuffing me off like a Jew.
在欻欻声中把我当作犹太人发落。
A Jew to Dachau, Auschwitz, Belsen
一个犹太人被送往达豪,奥斯威辛或悲尔森。
I began to talk like a Jew.
我说起话来开始像犹太人。
I think I may well be a Jew.
我想很可能我就是犹太人。
The snows of the Tyrol, the clear beer of Vienna
维也纳的清啤,蒂洛尔的积雪
Are not very pure or true.
并不那么真实与纯正。
With my gypsy ancestress and my weird luck
我的母系祖先中有个吉普赛,我的好运有点怪
And my Taroc pack and my Taroc pack
加上我算命用的泰逻牌,泰逻扑克牌
I may be a bit of a Jew.
我真的可能有点犹太血。
I have always been scared of you,
我对你一直都是战战兢兢,
With your Luftwaffe, your gobbledygoo.
你有纳粹空军,你有军官腔调。
And your neat moustache
你的胡子修剪齐整
And your Aryan eye, bright blue.
你湛蓝的亚利安眼睛。
Panzer-man, panzer-man, O You——
装甲兵,装甲兵,哦,你——
Not God but a swastika
不是上帝而是个纳粹徽记
So black no sky could squeak through.
黑得不会露出一丝蓝天。
Every woman adores a Fascist,
每个女人都崇拜一个法西斯党徒,
The boot in the face, the brute
靴子印在脸上,畜生一样
Brute heart of a brute like you.
有一副像你这畜生的心肠。
You stand at the blackboard, daddy,
老爸,你站在黑板前,
In the picture I have of you,
我有你这张照片,你在上面,
A cleft in your chin instead of your foot
一道裂痕留在下巴而不是脚上
But no less a devil for that, no not
但你还是与魔鬼相当,绝对
Any less the black man who
与那黑衣人旗鼓相当
Bit my pretty red heart in two.
他把我那娇嫩的红心撕咬成两块。
I was ten when they buried you.
他们埋藏你时,我才十岁。
At twenty I tried to die
我二十岁时试图一死了之
And get back, back, back to you.
向你回归,回归,回归。
I thought even the bones would do.
哪怕回去的只是白骨一堆。
But they pulled me out of the sack,
但他们把我从闷口袋中弄醒,
And they stuck me together with glue,
用胶水把我粘在一起。
And then I knew what to do.
此后我明白应该怎样。
I made a model of you.
我以你做出一个模型,
A man in black with a Meinkampf look
一个黑衣人带着《我的奋斗》的表情
And a love of the rack and the screw.
和对于上刑台和拧螺丝的热衷。
And I said I do, I do.
我说:行啊,我愿意。
So daddy, I'm finally through.
于是,老爸,我终于完了。
The black telephone's off at the root,
那黑色的电话断在了根部,
The voices just can't worm through.
声音怎么爬也爬不过去。
If I've killed one man, I've killed two——
如果我杀了一人,也就杀了两条命——
The vampire who said he was you
那条吸血僵尸,他谎冒你的名,
And drank my blood for a year,
饮吸我的血已有一年,
Seven years, if you want to know.
七个年头了,如果你想确知。
Daddy, you can lie back now.
老爸,现在你尽可高枕无忧。
There's a stake in your fat black heart
一根尖木桩插在你又肥又黑的心脏
And the villagers never liked you.
你,村民们从来就不曾喜欢。
They are dancing and stamping on you.
在你上面,他们又跺脚又跳舞,
They always knew it was you.
就是你,他们一直都很清楚。
Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I'm through.
老爸,老爸,你这混蛋,我算完了。