Variations on a Theme by William Carlos WilliamsKenneth Koch

威廉·卡洛斯·威廉斯主题变奏曲DeepL 译


1
1

I chopped down the house that you had been saving to live in next summer.
我砍掉了你一直留着明年夏天住的房子。
I am sorry, but it was morning, and I had nothing to do
我很抱歉,但那是个早晨,我无所事事
and its wooden beams were so inviting.
它的木梁是如此诱人。

2
2

We laughed at the hollyhocks together
我们一起嘲笑冬青树
and then I sprayed them with lye.
然后我用碱液喷了它们。
Forgive me. I simply do not know what I am doing.
请原谅我。我根本不知道自己在做什么。

3
3

I gave away the money that you had been saving to live on for the next ten years.
我把你攒了十年的生活费给了别人。
The man who asked for it was shabby
要钱的人很寒酸
and the firm March wind on the porch was so juicy and cold.
门廊上三月的寒风又冷又冽。

4
4

Last evening we went dancing and I broke your leg.
昨晚我们去跳舞,我摔断了你的腿。
Forgive me. I was clumsy and
请原谅我。我笨手笨脚的
I wanted you here in the wards, where I am the doctor!
我想让你住在病房里,我是这里的医生!


添加译本