A Sad Child玛格丽特·阿特伍德

悲哀的孩子马永波 译


You're sad because you're sad.
你是悲哀的因为你悲哀。
It's psychic. It's the age. It's chemical.
它是心灵。它是年纪。它是化学。
Go see a shrink or take a pill,
去看精神病医生,去吃药,
or hug your sadness like an eyeless doll
或者拥抱你的悲哀像盲眼的玩偶
you need to sleep.
你需要睡觉。

Well, all children are sad
好吧,所有的孩子都是悲哀的
but some get over it.
但有些孩子克服了它。
Count your blessings. Better than that,
算算你的幸遇。最好是,
buy a hat. Buy a coat or pet.
买顶帽子。买个外套或者宠物。
Take up dancing to forget.
继续跳舞,把一切忘掉。

Forget what?
忘掉什么?
Your sadness, your shadow,
你的悲哀,你的影子,
whatever it was that was done to you
任何让你难过的事
the day of the lawn party
草坪派对的那天
when you came inside flushed with the sun,
当你进来,被阳光晒红了脸,
your mouth sulky with sugar,
你绷着的嘴上有糖渣,
in your new dress with the ribbon
穿着有缎带的
and the ice-cream smear,
被冰激凌弄脏的新衣服,
and said to yourself in the bathroom,
在浴室里对自己说,
I am not the favorite child.
我不是招人喜欢的孩子。

My darling, when it comes
亲爱的,当悲哀
right down to it
一直延续下来
and the light fails and the fog rolls in
光芒暗淡,雾气卷入
and you're trapped in your overturned body
你翻倒的身体困在
under a blanket or burning car,
毯子或燃烧的汽车下面,

and the red flame is seeping out of you
有红色火焰从你身体中渗出
and igniting the tarmac beside your head
点燃你脑袋旁的柏油路
or else the floor, or else the pillow,
要么是地板,要么是枕头,
none of us is;
我们都不这样;
or else we all are.
要么就都这样。


添加译本