I sit in the top of the wood, my eyes closed.
我坐在树的顶端,把眼睛闭上。
Inaction, no falsifying dream
一动也不动,在我弯弯的脑袋
Between my hooked head and hooked feet:
和弯弯的脚爪间没有弄虚作假的梦:
Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat.
也不在睡眠中排演完美的捕杀或吃什么。
The convenience of the high trees!
高高的树真够方便的!
The air's buoyancy and the sun's ray
空气的畅通,太阳的光芒
Are of advantage to me;
都对我有利;
And the earth's face upward for my inspection.
地球的脸朝上,任我察看。
My feet are locked upon the rough bark.
我的双脚钉在粗砺的树皮上。
It took the whole of Creation
真得用整个造化之力
To produce my foot, my each feather:
才能生我这只脚、我的每根羽毛:
Now I hold Creation in my foot
如今我的脚控制着天地
Or fly up, and revolve it all slowly -
或者飞上去,慢悠悠地旋转它——
I kill where I please because it is all mine.
我高兴时就捕杀,因为一切都是我的。
There is no sophistry in my body:
我躯体里并无奥秘:
My manners are tearing off heads -
我的举止就是把别个的脑袋撕下来——
The allotment of death.
分配死亡。
For the one path of my flight is direct
因为我飞翔的一条路线是直接
Through the bones of the living.
穿过生物的骨骼。
No arguments assert my right:
我的权力无须论证:
The sun is behind me.
太阳就在我背后。
Nothing has changed since I began.
我开始以来,什么也不曾改变。
My eye has permitted no change.
我的眼睛不允许改变。
I am going to keep things like this.
我打算让世界就这样子下去。