Hawk Roosting泰德·休斯(Ted Hughes)

栖息的鹰张文武 译


I sit in the top of the wood, my eyes closed.
我坐在树林的最高点,闭着双眼。
Inaction, no falsifying dream
一动不动。从我钩状的头到我钩状的双爪,
Between my hooked head and hooked feet:
没有虚无的梦:
Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat.
在睡眠中,也不去演习完美的捕杀和吞食。

The convenience of the high trees!
这些高高的树木带给我的便利!
The air's buoyancy and the sun's ray
空气的浮力和太阳的光线
Are of advantage to me;
都对我有利
And the earth's face upward for my inspection.
大地面孔朝上,等着我的检阅

My feet are locked upon the rough bark.
我的双爪固定在粗糙的树皮上。
It took the whole of Creation
上天极尽造物之能事
To produce my foot, my each feather:
才创造出我的爪子和每一根羽毛
Now I hold Creation in my foot
而今我把万物握于爪中

Or fly up, and revolve it all slowly -
或者凌空飞起,将这一切慢慢地转动——
I kill where I please because it is all mine.
只要我高兴,我可以随处捕杀,因为这一切都属于我
There is no sophistry in my body:
我的体内没有任何诡辩:
My manners are tearing off heads -
我的习惯是撕掉那些头颅——

The allotment of death.
死亡的恩典。
For the one path of my flight is direct
我飞行的路线只有一条,直接
Through the bones of the living.
贯穿那些生灵的骨骼。
No arguments assert my right:
我的权利无须论证:

The sun is behind me.
太阳就在我的身后。
Nothing has changed since I began.
自从我出现,就没有任何改变。
My eye has permitted no change.
我的眼睛不允许任何改变。
I am going to keep things like this.
我要让一切就这样保持下去。


1970
添加译本