I sit in the top of the wood, my eyes closed.
久坐在这树的顶端,我双眼常闭。
Inaction, no falsifying dream
岿然不动,幻想
Between my hooked head and hooked feet:
不能活在我钩喙与钩爪间:
Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat.
或梦中预演完美的杀戮和享用食物。
The convenience of the high trees!
高高的树木是天然的便利!
The air's buoyancy and the sun's ray
空气的浮力和日下光束
Are of advantage to me;
全对我有利;
And the earth's face upward for my inspection.
大地仰卧让我侦察他的面孔。
My feet are locked upon the rough bark.
我以爪将粗粝的树皮锁住。
It took the whole of Creation
那造物倾力
To produce my foot, my each feather:
才锻造这利爪,我的每根羽毛:
Now I hold Creation in my foot
我现将造物捉在爪下
Or fly up, and revolve it all slowly -
或者高飞,慢慢地盘旋——
I kill where I please because it is all mine.
我主宰一切而随时乐意杀掉一切。
There is no sophistry in my body:
我的身体里没有任何诡辩:
My manners are tearing off heads -
撕碎头颅就是我的礼节——
The allotment of death.
死亡由我配给。
For the one path of my flight is direct
我飞行只经一条路线
Through the bones of the living.
生灵的骸骨留在沿途。
No arguments assert my right:
我的大权不需要凭据:
The sun is behind me.
太阳就在我身后。
Nothing has changed since I began.
事情从我开始就未曾改变。
My eye has permitted no change.
我的眼睛也从来不容有变。
I am going to keep things like this.
我将要万物这么维持原样。