I thank all who have loved me in their hearts,
我满怀着感激和爱,向凡是在心里
With thanks and love from mine. Deep thanks to all
爱过我的人们道谢。深深的感谢啊,
Who paused a little near the prison-wall
好心的人们,打牢墙外经过,驻足
To hear my music in its louder parts
听取我三两声稍微响亮些的音乐,
Ere they went onward, each one to the mart’s
这才继续赶路,奔赴市场或是圣殿、
Or temple’s occupation, beyond call.
各自的前程,再无从召唤。可是你,
But thou, who, in my voice’s sink and fall
当我的歌声低落了、接不上了,代之以
When the sob took it, thy divinest Art’s
哭泣,你却叫神的最尊贵的乐器
Own instrument didst drop down at thy foot
掉在脚下,倾听我那夹杂在泪珠里的
To harken what I said between my tears, . . .
怨声……啊,指点我,该怎么报答
Instruct me how to thank thee! Oh, to shoot
你的恩情吧!怎么能把这一片
My soul’s full meaning into future years,
回旋荡漾的情意奉献给未来的
That they should lend it utterance, and salute
岁月,由它来给我表白,向耐久的
Love that endures, from life that disappears!
爱情致敬,凭着那短暂的人生!