Sonnets from the Portuguese 9伊丽莎白·巴雷特·勃朗宁

葡萄牙人十四行诗集(9)方平 译


Can it be right to give what I can give?
我能不能有什么、就拿什么给你?
To let thee sit beneath the fall of tears
该不该让你紧挨著我,承受
As salt as mine, and hear the sighing years
我簌簌的苦泪;听著那伤逝的青春,
Re-sighing on my lips renunciative
在我的唇边重复著叹息,偶而
Through those infrequent smiles which fail to live
浮起一丝微笑,哪怕你连劝带哄,
For all thy adjurations?  O my fears,
也随即在叹息里寂灭?啊,我但怕
That this can scarce be right!  We are not peers
这并不应该!我俩是不相称的
So to be lovers; and I own, and grieve,
一对,哪能匹配作情侣?我承认,
That givers of such gifts as mine are, must
我也伤心,象我这样的施主
Be counted with the ungenerous.  Out, alas!
只算得鄙吝。唉,可是我怎能够让
I will not soil thy purple with my dust,
我满身的尘土玷污了你的紫袍,
Nor breathe my poison on thy Venice-glass,
叫我的毒气喷向你那威尼斯晶杯!
Nor give thee any love—which were unjust.
我什么爱也不给,因为什么都不该给。
Beloved, I only love thee! let it pass.
爱呀,让我只爱著你,就算数了吧!


添加译本