Sonnets from the Portuguese 16伊丽莎白·巴雷特·勃朗宁

葡萄牙人十四行诗集(16)方平 译


And yet, because thou overcomest so,
然而,因为你完全征服了我,
Because thou art more noble and like a king,
因为你那样高贵、象尊严的帝皇,
Thou canst prevail against my fears and fling
你能消除我的惶恐,把你的
Thy purple round me, till my heart shall grow
紫袍裹绕住我,直到我的心
Too close against thine heart henceforth to know
跟你的贴得那么紧,再想不起
How it shook when alone.  Why, conquering
当初怎样独自在悸动。那宣抚,
May prove as lordly and complete a thing
就象把人践踏在脚下,一样是
In lifting upward, as in crushing low!
威严和彻底完满的征服!就象
And as a vanquished soldier yields his sword
投降的兵士捧着战刀呈交给
To one who lifts him from the bloody earth,
把他从血滩里搀扶起来的主人;
Even so, Belovëd, I at last record,
亲爱的,我终于认了输,承认:
Here ends my strife.  If thou invite me forth,
我的抗拒到此为止。假如你召唤我,
I rise above abasement at the word.
听着这话,我要从羞愧中站起。
Make thy love larger to enlarge my worth!
扩大些你的爱,好提高些我的价值。


添加译本