My own Belovëd, who hast lifted me
爱人,我亲爱的人,是你把我,
From this drear flat of earth where I was thrown,
一个跌倒在尘埃的人,扶起来,
And, in betwixt the languid ringlets, blown
又在我披垂的鬓发间吹入了一股
A life-breath, till the forehead hopefully
生气,好让我的前额又亮光光地
Shines out again, as all the angels see,
闪耀着希望——有所有的天使当着
Before thy saving kiss! My own, my own,
你救难的吻为证!亲爱的人呀,
Who camest to me when the world was gone,
当你来到我跟前,人世已舍我远去,
And I who looked for only God, found thee!
而一心仰望上帝的我、却获得了你!
I find thee; I am safe, and strong, and glad.
我发现了你,我安全了,强壮了,快乐了。
As one who stands in dewless asphodel,
象一个人站立在干洁的香草地上
Looks backward on the tedious time he had
回顾他曾捱过来的苦恼的年月;
In the upper life,—so I, with bosom-swell,
我抬起了胸脯,拿自己作证:
Make witness, here, between the good and bad,
这里,在一善和那一恶之间,爱,
That Love, as strong as Death, retrieves as well.
象死一样强烈,带来了同样的解脱。