一只金戒和一只白鸽
A ring of gold and milk-white dove
是给你的重礼,
Are goodly gifts for thee,
一根绳索缚住了你爱
And a hempen rope for your own love
高高挂在树枝。
To hang upon a tree.
象牙之屋给了你,
For you a House of Ivory
(花亭里盛开着白玫花)!
(Roses are white in the rose-bower)!
狭窄小床留与我,
A narrow bed for me to lie
(白呀,呵,白如毒芹花)!
(White, O white, is the hemlock flower)!
给你香桃木和茉莉花,
Myrtle and jessamine for you
(呵,红玫瑰看去真艳丽)!
(O the red rose is fair to see)!
给我丝柏和芸香,
For me the cypress and the rue
(迷迭香可算最美丽)!
(Fairest of all is rose-mary)!
看你迷住那些个情种,
For you three lovers of your hand
(那人长眠绿草茵)!
(Green grass where a man lies dead)!
看沙滩我留下的行踪,
For me three paces on the sand
(种棵百合在我心)!
(Plant lilies at my head)!