金舟 译

Grass卡尔·桑德堡


在奥斯特里茨和滑铁卢把尸体堆高,
Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
将他们铲埋地下并让我工作—
Shovel them under and let me work—
我是草;我掩盖所有。
I am the grass; I cover all.

在盖底斯堡把他们堆高
And pile them high at Gettysburg
在伊波和凡尔登把他们堆高
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
将他们铲埋地下并让我工作。
Shovel them under and let me work.
两年,十年,然后乘客问列车员:
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
这是什么地方?
What place is this?
我们现在何处?
Where are we now?

我是草。
I am the grass.
让我工作。
Let me work.


添加译本