We need no barbarous words nor solemn spell
无需残暴的言辞或庄严的咒语
To raise the unknown. It lies before our feet;
来唤起未知。它就在我们脚前;
There have been men who sank down into Hell
曾经有人陷入了地狱
In some suburban street,
就在某个城郊之街。
And some there are that in their daily walks
也有人于日常的步行
Have met archangels fresh from sight of God,
邂逅刚从上帝面前过来的天使长
Or watched how in their beans and cabbage-stalks
或者观看排着长列的精灵
Long files of faerie trod.
踩过豆苗和卷心菜茎杆。
Often me too the Living voices call
那永在者的声音也常呼唤我
In many a vulgar and habitual place,
在许多普通平凡之地
I catch a sight of lands beyond the wall,
我瞥见墙外的地土,
I see a strange god’s face.
我看见上帝奇异的面容。
And some day this work will work upon me so
终有一天,这一切将深入我心
I shall arise and leave both friends and home
我将起身,离开朋友和家园,
And over many lands a pilgrim go
穿过异域的波涛与森林,
Through alien woods and foam,
作为朝圣者,游历众地
Seeking the last steep edges of the earth
寻找大地最后的陡峭边缘
Whence I may leap into that gulf of light
从那里,我可以跃入光的深渊
Wherein, before my narrowing Self had birth,
在那里,在狭隘的自己诞生之前,
Part of me lived aright.
部分的我曾经正直地生活。