We need no barbarous words nor solemn spell
无需野蛮的言辞或庄重的咒语
To raise the unknown. It lies before our feet;
去提及未知之地。它就在我们脚前;
There have been men who sank down into Hell
曾有人坠入地狱
In some suburban street,
就在某个郊区的街道上,
And some there are that in their daily walks
有人在他们的日常散步中
Have met archangels fresh from sight of God,
遇见刚从神面前来的大天使,
Or watched how in their beans and cabbage-stalks
或者察看长列的精灵
Long files of faerie trod.
如何在他们的豆子和卷心菜茎里行走。
我也常听见永活声音的呼唤
Often me too the Living voices call
就在许多庸常之地,
In many a vulgar and habitual place,
我抓住了一个墙外国度的视域,
I catch a sight of lands beyond the wall,
我看到了一张陌生的神的脸。
I see a strange god’s face.
总有一天,这事将作工在我身上
我将起来离开家和朋友
And some day this work will work upon me so
越过许多陆地一个朝圣者去
I shall arise and leave both friends and home
遍行异域的森林和海洋,
And over many lands a pilgrim go
寻找地球最后的陡峭边缘
Through alien woods and foam,
从那里我可以跃入光的深渊
在那里,在我狭小的自我诞生以前,
Seeking the last steep edges of the earth
部分的我正确地活着。
Whence I may leap into that gulf of light
Wherein, before my narrowing Self had birth,
Part of me lived aright.