THE APOLOGY拉尔夫·沃尔多·爱默生

辩护佚名 译


Think me not unkind and rude
别把我想得孤冷和野俗
That I walk alone in grove and glen;
看我一个人走在树林与幽谷;
I go to the god of the wood
我要去寻找森林的神明
To fetch his word to men.
听取他送给人们的叮嘱。

Tax not my sloth that I
别指责我行为情懒
Fold my arms beside the brook;
看我两臂交叠伫立溪边;
Each cloud that floated in the sky
每一朵浮在天空的云彩
Writes a letter in my book.
都会写一个字母在我的书间。

Chide me not, laborious band,
勤劳的一族,别把我骂,
For the idle flowers I brought;
看我带来了悠闲的鲜花;
Every aster in my hand
我手中的每一朵紫葩
Goes home loaded with a thought.
都带着一个思想回家。

There was never mystery
世间要说有什么秘密
But 'tis figured in the flowers;
全都藏在花朵里;
Was never secret history
还要说有什么秘密历史
But birds tell it in the bowers.
是鸟儿在巢穴里唱出的。

One harvest from thy field
一次收获来自你的田地
Homeward brought the oxen strong;
那是强壮的耕牛带往家里;
A second crop thine acres yield,
你田地的第二次收获,
Which I gather in a song.
却是我在一次歌唱中收集。


添加译本