If the red slayer think he slays,
假如血腥的刽子手想到自己是在杀人,
Or if the slain think he is slain,
或者被杀者知道自己的死因,
They know not well the subtle ways
他们却无法参透冥冥天机,
I keep, and pass, and turn again.
我在维系大千世界的转轮。
Far or forgot to me is near;
太阳是阴影,远即是近,
Shadow and sunlight are the same;
忘却记忆犹新;
The vanished gods to me appear;
宠辱于我没有两样,
And one to me are shame and fame.
神灵对我隐身又显身。
They reckon ill who leave me out;
我是他们身上的翅膀,
When me they fly, I am the wings;
想要弃我远飞岂不愚蠢!
I am the doubter and the doubt,
我是梵天信徒唱颂的赞歌,
I am the hymn the Brahmin sings.
我提出疑问又被疑问。
The strong gods pine for my abode,
我的居所威猛的众神艳羡不已,
And pine in vain the sacred Seven;
圣贤们也枉自四处追寻;
But thou, meek lover of the good!
但是,找到我就不可信仰苍天,
Find me, and turn thy back on heaven.
你这慊和的向善之人!