懵懵懂懂娶了她
Being unwise enough to have married her
我从不知她何时不在演戏。
I never knew when she was not acting.
“我爱你,”她说,我听到观众
‘I love you’ she would say; I heard the audiences
在叹气。“讨厌你”,我永不能确定
Sigh. ‘I hate you’; I could never be sure
它们还在那里。她那么可爱。我
They were still there. She was lovely. I
只是她化妆时的镜子。
Was only the looking-glass she made up in.
我曾节俭地享用她身体
I husbanded the rippling meadow
荡漾的草地。羊群的眼睛夜夜吃草在那里。
Of her body. Their eyes grazed nightly upon it.
如今她独自在她脆弱的
Alone now on the brittle platform
台子上表演着最后的角色。
Of herself she is playing her last rôle.
非常完美。她全部职业生涯中
It is perfect. Never in all her career
从未如此出色过。然而帷幕
Was she so good. And yet the curtain
已落。我的可人儿,从幕后出来
Has fallen. My charmer, come out from behind
接受掌声。你看,我也在鼓掌。
It to take the applause. Look, I am clapping too.