ActingR. S. 托马斯

演戏大河原 译


Being unwise enough to have married her
懵懵懂懂娶了她
I never knew when she was not acting.
我从不知她何时不在演戏。
‘I love you’ she would say; I heard the audiences
“我爱你,”她说,我听到观众
Sigh. ‘I hate you’; I could never be sure
在叹气。“讨厌你”,我永不能确定
They were still there. She was lovely. I
它们还在那里。她那么可爱。我
Was only the looking-glass she made up in.
只是她化妆时的镜子。
I husbanded the rippling meadow
我曾节俭地享用她身体
Of her body. Their eyes grazed nightly upon it.
荡漾的草地。羊群的眼睛夜夜吃草在那里。

Alone now on the brittle platform
如今她独自在她脆弱的
Of herself she is playing her last rôle.
台子上表演着最后的角色。
It is perfect. Never in all her career
非常完美。她全部职业生涯中
Was she so good. And yet the curtain
从未如此出色过。然而帷幕
Has fallen. My charmer, come out from behind
已落。我的可人儿,从幕后出来
It to take the applause. Look, I am clapping too.
接受掌声。你看,我也在鼓掌。


添加译本