snow路易丝·格吕克

柳向阳 译


Late December: my father and I
十二月底:我和爸爸
are going to New York, to the circus.
去纽约,去马戏团。
He holds me
他驮着我
on his shoulders in the bitter wind:
在他肩上,在寒风里:
scraps of white paper
白色的碎纸片
blow over the railroad ties.
在铁路枕木上飞舞。
My father liked

to stand like this, to hold me
爸爸喜欢
so he couldn't see me.
这样站着,驮着我
I remember
所以他看不见我。
staring straight ahead
我还记得
into the world my father saw;
直直地盯着前面
I was learning
盯着爸爸看到的世界;
to absorb its emptiness,
我在学习
the heavy snow
吸收世界的空虚,
not falling, whirling around us.
大片的雪花
绕着我们飞旋,并不落下。


添加译本