If I had known
如果早知道
Two years ago how drear this life should be,
两年后今生将何等惨淡,
And crowd upon itself all strangely sad,
观众都暗自异常悲伤,
Mayhap another song would burst from out my lips,
也许另一首歌会从我唇迸发,
Overflowing with the happiness of future hopes;
洋溢着未来之盼望的幸福,
Mayhap another throb than that of joy.
也许另一首比这首欢喜的还跃动。
Have stirred my soul into its inmost depths,
我的灵魂已然激荡至最深处,
If I had known.
如果早知道。
If I had known,
如果早知道,
Two years ago the impotence of love,
两年后爱的无力,
The vainness of a kiss, how barren a caress,
吻的徒然,爱抚何等无助,
Mayhap my soul to higher things have soarn,
也许我的灵魂早已飞向高处事物,
Nor clung to earthly loves and tender dreams,
不依恋尘世的爱、脆弱的梦,
But ever up aloft into the blue empyrean,
而是高高进入碧蓝的至高之天,
And there to master all the world of mind,
在那里掌控整个心灵世界——
If I had known.
如果早知道。