沿着整个山谷,白沫飞溅的溪流,
All along the valley, stream that flashest white,
你的声音随着夜色加深而变得更深沉,
Deepening thy voice with the deepening of the night,
沿着整个山谷,水流不舍昼夜,
All along the valley, where thy waters flow,
三十二年前我与我所爱的人一同走过。
I walk'd with one I loved two and thirty years ago.
沿着整个山谷,当我今天走过其间,
All along the valley, while I walk'd to-day,
三十二年彷佛一阵雾翻逝无踪;
The two and thirty years were a mist that rolls away;
沿着整个山谷,在岩石迭迭的河床,
For all along the valley, down thy rocky bed,
你活生生的声音于我如死者的声音,
Thy living voice to me was as the voice of the dead,
而沿着整个山谷,在岩石,洞穴,树木旁,
And all along the valley, by rock and cave and tree,
死者的声音于我曾是活生生的声音。
The voice of the dead was a living voice to me.