from The Princess: Now Sleeps the Crimson Petal丁尼生

深红的花瓣睡着了陈黎, 张芬龄 译


Now sleeps the crimson petal, now the white;
深红的花瓣睡着了,接着白色的;
Nor waves the cypress in the palace walk;
宫殿外步道旁的柏树不再摇曳;
Nor winks the gold fin in the porphyry font.
斑岩喷泉里金色的鳍不再闪烁;
The firefly wakens; waken thou with me.
萤火虫醒来,你也跟着我醒来。

   Now droops the milk-white peacock like a ghost,
乳白的孔雀垂首彷佛幽灵,
And like a ghost she glimmers on to me.
彷佛幽灵她向我发出微弱的光。

   Now lies the Earth all Danaë to the stars,
大地躺着如戴纳漪迎向星辉,
And all thy heart lies open unto me.
你的灵魂也全心全意向我开放。

   Now slides the silent meteor on, and leaves
寂静的彗星继续滑落,留下
A shining furrow, as thy thoughts in me.
闪光的犁沟,如你的思想,在我体内。

   Now folds the lily all her sweetness up,
百合收拢起她所有的甜美,
And slips into the bosom of the lake.
偷偷溜进湖心深处。
So fold thyself, my dearest, thou, and slip
所以卿卿,你也收拢起你自己,溜
Into my bosom and be lost in me.
进我的怀中并且在我体内溶失。


添加译本