这是磨坊主的女儿,
It is the miller's daughter,
她长得真是千娇又百媚;
And she is grown so dear, so dear,
我多想变成那珠宝,
That I would be the jewel
晃荡在她两个耳垂;
That trembles in her ear;
日夜在她的鬈发中隐藏,
For hid in ringlets day and night,
挨着她洁白温暖的颈项。
I'd touch her neck so warm and white.
我多想变成那腰带,
And I would be the girdle
围住她婀娜多姿的细腰,
About her dainty dainty waist,
无论她忧愁或安恬,
And her heart would beat against me,
让她的心贴着我跳;
In sorrow and in rest;
为了知道它跳得可正常,
And I should know if it beat right,
我自会紧紧缠在她身上。
I'd clasp it round so close and tight.
我多想变成那项链,
And I would be the necklace,
挂在她芬芳温润的胸前;
And all day long to fall and rise
整天里起伏个不停,
Upon her balmy bosom,
随着她欢笑或喟叹,
With her laughter or her sighs;
我要轻轻巧巧地偎着她,
And I would lie so light, so light,
让她在晚上不把我解下。
I scarce should be unclasp'd at night.