我向空中射出一支箭,
I shot an arrow into the air,
不知它落到哪里;
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
它飞得好快啊,
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
眼睛跟不上它的踪迹。
Could not follow it in its flight.
我向空中轻唱一首歌,
I breathed a song into the air,
不知它落在何方;
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
谁有这样尖、这样强的眼力,
For who has sight so keen and strong,
能追上歌声的飞翔?
That it can follow the flight of song?
很久以后,在橡树上
Long, long afterward, in an oak
我找到了那支箭,还不曾折断;
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
还有那支歌,也被我找到,
And the song, from beginning to end,
从头到尾在朋友心间。
I found again in the heart of a friend.