I shot an arrow into the air,
我向空中射出一支箭,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
不知它落到哪里;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
它飞得好快啊,
Could not follow it in its flight.
眼睛跟不上它的踪迹。
I breathed a song into the air,
我向空中轻唱一首歌,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
不知它落在何方;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
谁有这样尖、这样强的眼力,
That it can follow the flight of song?
能追上歌声的飞翔?
Long, long afterward, in an oak
很久以后,在橡树上
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
我找到了那支箭,还不曾折断;
And the song, from beginning to end,
还有那支歌,也被我找到,
I found again in the heart of a friend.
从头到尾在朋友心间。