Especially when the October wind
特别当十月的风
With frosty fingers punishes my hair,
用结霜手指惩罚我的头发
Caught by the crabbing sun I walk on fire
被横行太阳抓住我走在火上
And cast a shadow crab upon the land,
在大地投下阴影之蟹,
By the sea's side, hearing the noise of birds,
听见渡鸦在冬天枝头咳嗽,
Hearing the raven cough in winter sticks,
她说话时我忙碌的心战栗
My busy heart who shudders as she talks
滴下音节之血耗干她的词语。
Sheds the syllabic blood and drains her words.
也被关进词语之塔,我在
Shut, too, in a tower of words, I mark
树木般行走的地平线做标记
On the horizon walking like the trees
字形的女人,与一行行
The wordy shapes of women, and the rows
公园里星星比划的孩子们。
Of the star-gestured children in the park.
某些词让我用元音的山毛榉造就你,
Some let me make you of the vowelled beeches,
那橡木的声音,从棘手的
Some of the oaken voices, from the roots
郡的根部告诉你音调,
Of many a thorny shire tell you notes,
某些词让我用水的言说造就你。
Some let me make you of the water's speeches.
一盆羊齿草后面摆动的钟
Behind a pot of ferns the wagging clock
告诉我时光词语,神经含义
Tells me the hour's word, the neural meaning
随钟摆飞翔,宣告早晨
Flies on the shafted disk, declaims the morning
在风信鸡中告知多风的天气。
And tells the windy weather in the cock.
某些词让我用牧场标志造就你;
Some let me make you of the meadow's signs;
信号草告诉我知道的一切
The signal grass that tells me all I know
以多虫的冬天穿透眼睛。
Breaks with the wormy winter through the eye.
某些词让我告诉你渡鸦的罪恶。
Some let me tell you of the raven's sins.
特别当十月的风
Especially when the October wind
(某些词让我造就你,用秋天魔力
(Some let me make you of autumnal spells,
蜘蛛谗言和威尔士喧闹的山岗)
The spider-tongued, and the loud hill of Wales)
萝卜的拳头惩罚大地,
With fists of turnips punishes the land,
某些词让我用无情之词造就你。
Some let me make you of the heartless words.
心在耗干,用化学之血
The heart is drained that, spelling in the scurry
疾行中拼写,警告将临的狂怒。
Of chemic blood, warned of the coming fury.
在海边听见那黑色元音的鸟群。
By the sea's side hear the dark-vowelled birds.