Especially when the October wind
尤其当十月的风
With frosty fingers punishes my hair,
伸出寒冷的手指痛击我的发丝,
Caught by the crabbing sun I walk on fire
受制于蟹行的太阳,我踏着烈火而来,
And cast a shadow crab upon the land,
在地面投下一片影子,蟹一样爬行,
By the sea's side, hearing the noise of birds,
我站在海边,倾听群鸟的喧鸣,
Hearing the raven cough in winter sticks,
倾听渡鸦咳叫在冬日的枝头,
My busy heart who shudders as she talks
我忙碌的心一阵阵颤栗,当她
Sheds the syllabic blood and drains her words.
倾泻音节般的血液,倾吐她的话语。
Shut, too, in a tower of words, I mark
也被关入言词之塔,我留意
On the horizon walking like the trees
地平线上树林般行走的
The wordy shapes of women, and the rows
女人身姿喋喋不休,以及公园里
Of the star-gestured children in the park.
一排排孩子星星般显露。
Some let me make you of the vowelled beeches,
有人让我制作你,用发元音的山毛榉,
Some of the oaken voices, from the roots
有人让我用橡树的声音,从荆棘丛生的
Of many a thorny shire tell you notes,
州郡根须告知你音符,
Some let me make you of the water's speeches.
有人让我塑造你,用水的言词。
Behind a pot of ferns the wagging clock
在一盆羊齿草后面,摇摆的钟
Tells me the hour's word, the neural meaning
告诉我时辰的讯息,神经的意图
Flies on the shafted disk, declaims the morning
盘旋于茎秆的花盘,在雄鸡啼晓时,
And tells the windy weather in the cock.
宣告早晨降临,并预报刮风的天气。
Some let me make you of the meadow's signs;
有人让我制作你,用草地的标志;
The signal grass that tells me all I know
草符告诉我知晓的一切
Breaks with the wormy winter through the eye.
透过目光挣脱蠕虫似的冬天。
Some let me tell you of the raven's sins.
有人让我告知你渡鸦的罪过。
Especially when the October wind
尤其当十月的风
(Some let me make you of autumnal spells,
(有人让我塑造你,用秋天的字符,
The spider-tongued, and the loud hill of Wales)
蜘蛛的话语,以及威尔士喧闹的山岗)
With fists of turnips punishes the land,
握紧萝卜般的拳头惩处大地,
Some let me make you of the heartless words.
有人让我塑造你,用无情的词语。
The heart is drained that, spelling in the scurry
心已耗尽,一股股疾奔的热血,
Of chemic blood, warned of the coming fury.
预警狂暴即刻来临。
By the sea's side hear the dark-vowelled birds.
站在海边,倾听群鸟鸣叫黑色的元音。