All right. Try this,
好吧。那就不妨
Then. Every body
试试吧。每一位
I know and care for,
我认识和我关心的,
And every body
还有每一位
Else is going
将要在
To die in a loneliness
我想象不出的孤独
I can't imagine and a pain
和我无法体会的疼痛中
I don't know. We had
死去的。我们
To go on living. We
只能活下去。我们
Untangled the net, we slit
解开网,我们划开
The body of this fish
这条鱼的身体,
Open from the hinge of the tail
从鱼尾的分叉处
To a place beneath the chin
一直划到下巴,
I wish I could sing of.
但愿我能为它歌唱。
I would just as soon we let
我宁愿我们能让
The living go on living.
活着的继续活下去。
An old poet whom we believe in
我们信奉的一位老诗人
Said the same thing, and so
说过同样的话,于是
We paused among the dark cattails and prayed
我们在幽暗的香蒲丛中停下来,
For the muskrats,
为麝鼠祈祷,
For the ripples below their tails,
为它们尾巴下的涟漪祈祷,
For the little movements that we knew the crawdads were making
为水底的细微响动祈祷,我们知道是蝲蛄在动,
under water,
为我老表的右手腕祈祷,他后来当了警察。
For the right-hand wrist of my cousin who is a policeman.
我们为那个护猎员的昏花老眼祈祷。
We prayed for the game warden's blindness.
我们为回家的路祈祷。
We prayed for the road home.
我们吃了这条鱼。
We ate the fish.
一定有种很美妙的东西在我体内,
There must be something very beautiful in my body,
我真的很开心。
I am so happy.