Northern Pike詹姆斯·赖特

白斑狗鱼呐石 译


All right. Try this,
好吧。那就尝尝
Then. Every body
这个,我认识和关心的
I know and care for,
每个人,
And every body
以及其余的
Else is going
将要
To die in a loneliness
在难以想象的孤寂
I can't imagine and a pain
和无法了解的痛苦中
I don't know. We had
死去的人们。我们
To go on living. We
必须继续活下去。我们
Untangled the net, we slit
解开渔网,我们
The body of this fish
刨开这条鱼的身体,
Open from the hinge of the tail
从鱼尾的分叉
To a place beneath the chin
到下颌处
I wish I could sing of.
我希望我可以为此歌唱。
I would just as soon we let
我希望我们可以让
The living go on living.
这个生命继续活下去。
An old poet whom we believe in
一位我们信赖的老诗人
Said the same thing, and so
说过同样的事,所以
We paused among the dark cattails and prayed
我们在香蒲丛停留了一会,祈祷
For the muskrats,
为那些麝鼠,
For the ripples below their tails,
为它们尾下的波纹,
For the little movements that we knew the crawdads were making
为我们所知的小龙虾在水下的小小动静,
under water,
为我当警察的堂兄的右手手腕。
For the right-hand wrist of my cousin who is a policeman.
我们祈求护猎员能视而不见。
We prayed for the game warden's blindness.
我们祈求回家的路平安。
We prayed for the road home.
我们吃掉了那条鱼。
We ate the fish.
我的身体里一定有非常美妙的东西,
There must be something very beautiful in my body,
我非常开心。
I am so happy.


添加译本