Just off the highway to Rochester, Minnesota,
在通往明尼苏达州罗切斯特的公路边上,
Twilight bounds softly forth on the grass.
暮色轻柔地在草地上向前跳跃。
And the eyes of those two Indian ponies
两匹印第安小马温和的
Darken with kindness.
眼睛,变得模糊。
They have come gladly out of the willows
他们愉快地从柳树下出来
To welcome my friend and me.
欢迎我和我的朋友。
We step over the barbed wire into the pasture
我们跨过铁丝蒺藜走进牧场,
Where they have been grazing all day, alone.
他们整天都在那里吃草,孤独。
They ripple tensely, they can hardly contain their happiness
That we have come.
小马紧张地晃动着,简直高兴得不得了,
They bow shyly as wet swans. They love each other.
因为我们到来。
There is no loneliness like theirs.
他们害羞地弯下脖子像湿润的天鹅。他们彼此相爱。
At home once more, they begin munching the young tufts of spring in the darkness.
没有什么孤独像他们那样。
I would like to hold the slenderer one in my arms,
又到家了,
For she has walked over to me
黑暗中他们开始响亮地咀嚼春天里新生的草丛。
And nuzzled my left hand.
我想用胳膊抱住纤瘦一点的那匹,
She is black and white,
因为她朝我走过来
Her mane falls wild on her forehead,
用嘴摩蹭我的左手。
And the light breeze moves me to caress her long ear
That is delicate as the skin over a girl's wrist.
她的毛色黑白,
Suddenly I realize
鬃毛散落在前额上,
That if I stepped out of my body I would break
轻柔的风触动我去抚摸她的长耳朵
Into blossom.
它们纤柔得像女孩手腕上的肌肤。
倏然间我觉得
假如我走出我的身体,我将破茧
而盛开。