A Blessing詹姆斯·赖特

恩赐厄土 译


Just off the highway to Rochester, Minnesota,
才离开去往明尼苏达罗切斯特的高速路,
Twilight bounds softly forth on the grass.
暮光轻柔地跃动,在草地上前行。
And the eyes of those two Indian ponies
那两匹印第安马驹的眼睛
Darken with kindness.
变得乌黑而友善。
They have come gladly out of the willows
它们欢快地步出柳林,
To welcome my friend and me.
欢迎我和我的朋友。
We step over the barbed wire into the pasture
我们跨过铁刺网,走进牧场。
Where they have been grazing all day, alone.
它们整日在这里吃草,孤独。
They ripple tensely, they can hardly contain their happiness
它们紧张地摇晃,喜悦难以自抑
That we have come.
因为我们的来临。
They bow shyly as wet swans. They love each other.
它们害羞地垂下头像湿漉漉的天鹅。它们彼此相爱。
There is no loneliness like theirs.
它们的孤独无可比拟。
At home once more, they begin munching the young tufts of spring in the darkness.
再次回到家时,
I would like to hold the slenderer one in my arms,
它们开始在黑暗里咀嚼春天新生的草木丛。
For she has walked over to me
我想把那匹瘦小的马驹揽进怀里,
And nuzzled my left hand.
因为她走向我,
She is black and white,
轻蹭我的左手。
Her mane falls wild on her forehead,
她的毛色黑白相间,
And the light breeze moves me to caress her long ear
鬃毛散披在前额,
That is delicate as the skin over a girl's wrist.
微风催动我去抚摸她长长的耳朵,
Suddenly I realize
它们纤柔如少女手腕的肌肤。
That if I stepped out of my body I would break
我蓦然意识到
Into blossom.
如果我走出自己的身体,我也会破蕊
盛开。


添加译本