Just off the highway to Rochester, Minnesota,
刚从去往明尼苏达州罗切斯特的高速公路上下来,
Twilight bounds softly forth on the grass.
微光在草地上轻柔地向前跳跃。
And the eyes of those two Indian ponies
那两匹印第安小马驹的眼睛
Darken with kindness.
在友好中变暗。
They have come gladly out of the willows
它们从柳树林中高兴地走出来
To welcome my friend and me.
欢迎我的朋友和我。
We step over the barbed wire into the pasture
我们跨过带刺的铁丝网,来到牧场上,
Where they have been grazing all day, alone.
它们在这里吃了一整天的草,只有它们。
They ripple tensely, they can hardly contain their happiness
对于我们的到来,它们激动万分,
That we have come.
几乎无法抑制自己的喜悦。
They bow shyly as wet swans. They love each other.
再次回到家中,它们用力咀嚼着黑暗中的
There is no loneliness like theirs.
春天的小树丛。
At home once more, they begin munching the young tufts of spring in the darkness.
我真想把瘦小的那匹揽入怀中,
I would like to hold the slenderer one in my arms,
因为它已经向我走来,
For she has walked over to me
挨擦着我的左手。
And nuzzled my left hand.
它的身体黑白相间,
She is black and white,
鬃毛纷披到前额上,
Her mane falls wild on her forehead,
微风推着我去爱抚它的长耳朵,
And the light breeze moves me to caress her long ear
那感觉就像皮肤与少女的手腕接触时一样美好。
That is delicate as the skin over a girl's wrist.
我突然意识到,
Suddenly I realize
如果我步出我的身体,我将
That if I stepped out of my body I would break
开出花来。
Into blossom.