A Blessing詹姆斯·赖特

幸福赵毅衡 译


Just off the highway to Rochester, Minnesota,
离明尼苏达州去罗彻斯特的公路不远的地方,
Twilight bounds softly forth on the grass.
暮色在野草上轻柔地跳动。
And the eyes of those two Indian ponies
这两匹印第安马的眼睛
Darken with kindness.
也暗淡下来,充满温情。
They have come gladly out of the willows
他们高兴地走出柳树林
To welcome my friend and me.
前来欢迎我和我的朋友,
We step over the barbed wire into the pasture
我们越过铁丝网走进牧场
Where they have been grazing all day, alone.
马在那里孤独地放牧了一天。
They ripple tensely, they can hardly contain their happiness
他们紧张地抖动身子,难以隐藏
That we have come.
看到我们时心中的欣喜。
They bow shyly as wet swans. They love each other.
他们羞答答地垂首,像潮湿的天鹅。他们相爱。
There is no loneliness like theirs.
但是他们非常寂寞。
At home once more, they begin munching the young tufts of spring in the darkness.
当他们重新感到安适,
I would like to hold the slenderer one in my arms,
在黑暗中嚼起春天的嫩草,
For she has walked over to me
我真想把那匹瘦小的马抱在怀里,
And nuzzled my left hand.
因为她向我走来,
She is black and white,
用鼻子拱我的左手。
Her mane falls wild on her forehead,
她毛色黑白相间
And the light breeze moves me to caress her long ear
鬃毛散乱地披在前额,
That is delicate as the skin over a girl's wrist.
轻风吹来,让我抚爱着她的长耳,
Suddenly I realize
皮肤柔软得像姑娘的手腕。
That if I stepped out of my body I would break
在这时我明白了
Into blossom.
如果我一步跨出我的身体,我将会
开成一朵花。


添加译本