Tea唐纳德·霍尔

冬至 译


After fifty years we meet to take
五十年后,你七十五岁生日的那天
a cup of tea on your seventy-fifth birthday.
我们相遇,去喝杯茶。
Your body is still slim, lips red
你依旧身材苗条,嘴唇红润
and full, eyes sunken in a crush of skin.
而饱满,眼睛却陷在皮肤的褶皱里。

For a moment, I remember us
片刻,我忆起我们
nineteen and naked on an Oriental rug
十九岁,赤裸躺在东方地毯上
in the Lexington living room—your smooth
在莱克星顿的客厅里——你的光滑
narrow body, pale thighs pumping,
细长的身体,苍白的大腿晃动着,

sexual damp on pubic hair, both of us
耻毛上是性欲的湿气,我们
giddy and wild and frightened with desire—
伴随烈欲而晕眩,狂野,惊恐——
and your father's hesitant voice calling
你父亲用犹豫的嗓音从楼上
from upstairs, "Lillian? Lillian? Lillian?"
喊道:“莉莲?莉莲?莉莲?”

We finish our tea and embrace briefly.
我们喝完茶,简洁地拥抱。
Each of us knows: We are old people.
我们各自知道:我们已经苍老。
You drive me to my Marriott, holding tight
你载我到万豪酒店的住处,紧握着
to the wheel as our eyes adjust to darkness.
方向盘,我们对着黑暗调整视线


添加译本