A photo in a violet frame
一张镶在紫罗兰色镜框里的相片,
for her granddaughter fifty years hence:
距今五十年,给她的孙女:
“My grandma was very beautiful
“我奶奶在我这么大的时候
at my age, more beautiful than I am, and proud.”
非常美丽,比我美丽,而且骄傲。”
A sweet prophecy from then
从那时一个可爱的预言
returns on its circular way from the future to me:
绕着弯从未来归来
that’s how I fell in love with you.
到我这里:我就是这样爱上了你。
I see you from the side:
我从侧面看你:
a trembling of lashes and eyebrows, like
睫毛和眉毛的颤动,好像
the trembling of a wing, in the angle
翅膀的颤动,在眉骨
between brow and cheek, the eye nests like a bird.
与颧骨之间的夹角中,眼睛像鸟儿做窝。
Your whole body is a sweet clamorous nesting:
你全身都是可爱喧闹的做窝处:
from head to toe
从头到脚,
many warm nests.
许多温暖的窝。