啊,我!啊,生命!文馨 译

O,Me! O,Life!沃尔特·惠特曼


啊,我!啊,生命!这些不断轮回的问题
Oh me! Oh life! of the questions of these recurring,
关于无穷无尽的信仰全无者,关于充斥着愚者的城市
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill’d with the foolish,
关于无休无止的自我谴责,(可是还有谁比我更愚蠢、更无信仰呢?)
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)
关于奢望光明的眼睛,关于那些低等的贱民,关于那些不断重燃的战斗
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the struggle ever renew’d,
关于那些造物主的败笔,目之所及无聊且肮脏的人群
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me,
关于那些空虚无益的余生,我也难于幸免
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me intertwined,
那个问题,哦,天啊!如此悲伤地,轮回着 ——
The question, O me! so sad, recurring—What good amid these, O me, O life?
这一切又有何益处,所谓的我,所谓的生命?
Answer.
答案。
That you are here—that life exists and identity,
是你在这里——生命即存在且昭然。
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
是伟大的戏码继续上演,而你或可贡献一行诗句。


添加译本