I have seen the proudest stars
我曾经看过最骄傲的群星
That wander on through space,
在宇宙中游荡,
Even the sun and moon,
我甚至见过太阳和月亮,
But not your face.
但还没看到过你的面庞。
I have heard the violin,
我曾经听到过小提琴,
The winds and waves rejoice
听过海风和波浪
in endless minstrelsy,
吟唱无尽的游吟诗,
Yet not your voice.
但还没听到过你的声音。
I have touched the trillium,
我曾经触摸过延龄草,
Pale flower of the land,
大地上苍白的花,
Coral, anemone,
曾经触摸过珊瑚,海葵,
And not your hand.
但还没触摸过你的手。
I have kissed the shining feet
我曾经情人般
Of Twilight lover-wise,
亲吻过黄昏闪亮的脚,
Opened the gates of Dawn—
曾经开启过黎明的大门——
Oh not your eyes!
哦,那并不是你的眼睛!
I have dreamed unwonted things,
我曾经梦见过奇异的事物,
Visions that witches brew,
女巫坩埚里浮出的幻象,
Spoken with images,
我曾经用图像说话,
Never with you.
但还没有对你说过。