Late-night inquiry查尔斯·西米克

深夜调查李晖 译


Have you introduced yourself to yourself
你是否向自己介绍过自己
The way a visitor at your door would?
以一个门外来访者的方式?

Have you found a seat in your room
是否在你的房间里为每一个
For every one of your wayward selves
你任性的自我找到一个位置

To withdraw into their own thoughts
以退回到他们自己的思想
Or stare into space as if it were a mirror?
或望着前方发呆,仿佛那是一面镜子?

Do you have a match you can light
是否有一根可以点亮的火柴
To make their shadows dance on the wall
让他们的影子在墙上跳舞

Or float dream-like on the ceiling
或梦一般在天花板上漂浮
The way leaves do on summer afternoons,
像夏天午后的树叶,

Before they take their bow and the curtain drops
直到他们鞠躬和幕落
As the match burns down to your fingertips?
当火柴燃烧到你的指尖?


添加译本