Up until this sore minute, you could turn the key, pivot away.
在此时的痛点到来之前,你都可以转动钥匙,抽身离开。
But mine is the only medicine now
但现在我掌握着全部的机关
wherever you go or follow.
无论你去往哪里,追随何人。
The past is so far away, but it flickers,
过去是如此遥远,但它在闪光,
then cleaves the night. The bones
之后分开黑夜。往昔岁月的
of the past splinter between our teeth.
遗骨在我们齿间破裂。
This is our life, love. Why did I think
这是我们的生活,我们的爱。我怎么会
it would be anything less than too much
觉得它无关紧要胜似如此多的
of everything? I know you remember that cheap motel
凡俗琐事?我知道你会记得在那间
on the coast where we drank red wine,
海边的汽车旅馆,我们一起喝红酒,
the sea flashing its gold scales as sun
大海像太阳一样闪烁着它的金鳞
soaked our skin. You said, This must be
浸透我们的皮肤。你说,这一定是
what people mean when they say
人们会说“我现在死而无憾”
I could die now. Now
的时刻。而现在
we’re so much closer
我们比起那时
to death than we were then. Who isn’t crushed,
更接近于死亡。
stubbed out beneath a clumsy heel?
谁没有被一只笨拙的脚跟
Who hasn’t stood at the open window,
踩踏得遍体鳞伤?
sleepless, for the solace of the damp air?
谁没有站在敞开的窗边,
I had to get old to carry both buckets
在安抚人心的潮湿空气中无眠?
yoked on my shoulders. Sweet
我不得不担起肩头
and bitter waters I drink from.
年龄带来的两桶水——
Let me know you, ox you.
岁月中我喝下的
I want your scent in my hair.
甜的水,苦的水。
I want your jokes.
让我认识你,氧化你。
Hang your kisses on all my branches, please.
我想要我的头发里有你的气味。
Sink your fingers into the darkness of my fur.
我想听你说笑话。
请你在我所有的枝头挂满你的吻。
把你的手指沉入我毛皮的黑暗中。